Covington, GA

Mystic Falls, Home of The Vampire Diaries

Thursday, April 15, 2021

Photograph of a bridge in Georgia which is used as Wickery Bridge in the Vampire Diaries

The outside of the Mystic Grill restaurant in Covington Georgia

Good Evening guys, how has your day been?

I have a lot of old blog posts from my old blogs or post that I have written up but never done anything with so I am going to be rewriting some of them and post them here. This is one of them.

Roughly 5 years ago I went on a road trip in the Southeast USA with my dad and one of our stops was in Covington Georgia otherwise known as Mystic Falls from The Vampire Diaries, The Originals & Legacies. It is a beautiful little town and I wish I’d have had more than a couple of hours to explore there (which hopefully I’ll be able to go back and visit next year). This post is for the TVD fans as I managed to visit some of the places which were used in the show.

Wickery Bridge
5090 Klondike Road, Lithonia

Firstly I mapped out the location they used as ‘Wickery Bridge’ and the location is purely a road that goes over the South River so I had to map it to the nearest address and head to there. The bridge itself is actually just after a bend on a busy main road so if you do head over there please be careful. We parked down Union Road which is just off the main road.

Photograph of Conyers Old Town in Georgia used as New Orleans in the TV show The Originals

Conyers

Coming from Atlanta, Conyers is on the way to Covington. Conyers is used as the setting for New Orleans in the show and when you see the buildings you can totally see why they chose it. Unfortunately we were travelling on a Sunday and pretty much everywhere was closed, but as quiet as it was it was a beautiful place, again I wish we’d have had more time to really explore there.

Mystic Grill
1116 Clark Street

For any fan of the show this place is a must, how can you go to Mystic Falls and not having something to eat at the Mystic Grill. The menu was pretty small but the food was actually really good.

The interior of the Mystic Grill is different from what you see on a show as that was filmed on a sound stage and not in the actual Restaurant itself, only the exteriors were used for filming. They do have a bar over to the right which has a chair for Alaric just like they do in the show.

The staff are obviously used to fans going in and they are super friendly, they even allowed to to go behind the bar to get a photo. They also said it was fine to wander around to get some photos, although I didn’t have the time.

The Square

If you’ve watched the show you will instantly know what I’m talking about. It looks just as it is in the show, there are benches and grass areas all around a large tree in the middle. Around the square are shops and places to eat. As well as Mystic Grill the Clocktower is next-door, Scoops is an ice cream shop which was said to be a favourite of Ian Somerhalders. Gift Shops, on the corner opposite the Clocktower is a merchandise shop, its the same place you go for the Vampire Stalkers locations tour, another gift shop is under the Mystic Grill called ‘The Alley’ funnily enough its in the alley where everyone gets killed.

Twelve Oaks Bed and Breakfast used in an episode of The Vampire Diaries


Lockwood Mansion
2176 Monticello Street SW

I believe this was the Lockwood Mansion in the episode 2.04 where Katherine talks with George Lockwood (I could be wrong though) any who, this is Twelve Oaks Bed & Breakfast. I believe they have filmed inside as well (but again don’t quote me on that). This is a private B&B so you can’t really see much as they ask you don’t wander around the property unless you are staying there, but you can book to stay there. They have a Katherine Room and a Salvatore Bothers Room.

Elena Gilbert’s House
2104 Flood Street NE

This is another private property where people actually live, so please respect that and take your photos from the pavement and don’t go onto the property. It is just a short walk from the main square, and Caroline Forbes’ house is actually next door just over the road.

Photograph of the 'welcome to mystic falls' sign at the visitors centre in Covington Georgia


Visitors Centre
2194 Emory Street NW

We couldn’t go into the visitor centre as it was closed, but I believe they have maps with filming locations so you can actually go to the locations yourself. Also outside there is a welcome to Mystic Falls sign which is why we stopped there, so get some photos.

I only had 2-3 hours in Covington so there are the only places I managed to go and see, but there are so many more locations you can visit (I have a list for the next time I visit) All these places I found online. Some took a little more research than others but all these places are mentioned online somewhere.

I would love to know if you have been here before, or if its somewhere you want to visit?

Hayls

Photograph of the Clocktower in Covington Square , Gerogia with text to add to Pinterest


Post a Comment