Wales, UK

February and March Empties

Thursday, April 29, 2021

 

Photograph of empty beauty products including The Body Shop, Coco Chanel and PixiPhotograph of empty beauty products including The Body Shop, Coco Chanel and Pixi

Good Evening Everyone,


This post has been long overdue. It was originally supposed to be my February Empties but I never got around to writing anything up, then I figured I’d do February and March and here we are at the end of April posting this. I’ll have another post with April empties up soon too.


You might have already seen my Project Pan posts that I’m attempting this year. A lot of things in my empties posts will be items I’ve been trying to use up. So not only do I want to show you what I’ve used up I also want to give a little review on each product too. So let’s get to it.


There is no make up empties this month but lots of skincare. 


  • Simple Moisturising Bath Cream with Chamomile Oil.


I guess there isn’t much to say about a bath cream, yes it was nice, I enjoyed using it but did it do more than most? No, there wasn’t really anything special about it. 


Would I buy it again? Yes but I wouldn’t go out of my way to find it.


  • The Body Shop Show Gel.


I have used both the Peppermint Candy Cane and the Berry Bon Bon ones. I actually really liked both of these, my husband didn’t like the peppermint as the scent is actually really strong but they were both lovely products. 


Would I but it again? Yes I would. Again I wouldn’t go out of my way to make sure I had these specific two but I would get them again.


  • The Body Shop Mango Exfoliating Sugar Body Scrub.


I’ve had this for longer than I’d care to admit. I never got around to using it because I just kind of assumed I wouldn’t like it, but I was majorly wrong. I absolutely loved the way my skin felt after using this. 


Would I buy it again? Yes, and I will be going to buy the full size when I have finished all the other products I already have.


  • The Body Shop Mango Body Butter.


I love the smell of this but overall as a product it doesn’t agree with me. It’s too thick and if I use it too often it actually gives me a small rash so I have to use this one sparingly.


Would I buy this again? Honestly, No.


  • The Body Shop Strawberry Body Yogurt.


This on the other hand is amazing. It smells amazing and makes your skin feel super soft its a much thinner formula and sinks into your skin so well.


Would I buy this again? I already have, in Strawberry, Warm Vanilla and Pink Grapefruit.


  • Estee Lauder Perfectly Clean Multi-Action Foam Cleanser.


This was a sample I’d had lying around for a while. It was nice enough but didn’t do anything any of my other cleansers would do.


Would I buy this again? No, probably not.


  • Emma Hardie Vit C Intense Daily Serum.


Again another sample. It actually made my skin feel really nice, it felt lovely and soft the next day but it is heavily scented. It reminded me of those drawer liners my great nan used to have in her clothes drawers.


Would I buy this again? Based on the over powering scent, no I wouldn’t.


No7 Revitalising Daily Face Polish.


It was like a very soft exfoliator and my skin always felt really nice after using it. I used it daily and it worked really well for my skin.


Would I buy this again? If nothing else I currently have is better then yes I will be buying this in the full size.


  • Philip Kingsley Elasticsizer Pomegranate & Cassis. 


This is an intense treatment for your hair, in all honesty I didn’t feel like it did anything for my hair that your standard conditioner couldn’t do. It has a nice scent to it though.


Would I buy this again? No.


  • Pixi Jasmine Oil Blend.


This is my second bottle of pixi oil (the first was the rose oil) and I love it. Since having my little one I occasionally get dry skin around my eyes, it gets very red and itchy and the only thing that calms it down and slowly gets rid of it is this oil. I have tried everything I had in the house at the time and this was the only thing that worked so I swear by this oil. My skin always feels healthier when I use it.


Would I buy this again? As soon as I have used up the products I already have I will be repurchasing the Rose Oil.


  • Formula Absolute Ultimate Sleep Cream.


I was a little scared to use this at first and I’m not sure why. Maybe because its a thicker cream for overnight but I absolutely love it. After using this nightly my skin always felt amazing the next morning. There is a soft scent to it but its very pleasant.


Would I buy this again? Again, once I’ve used the products I already have I will be buying a full size of this.


I know it’s May in a couple of days but I wanted to get this up so I can keep track of what I’ve finished up and so it might help you guys if you were thinking of picking something up.


What are your favourite products so far this year??

Hayls

Photograph of empty beauty products including The Body Shop, Coco Chanel and Pixi


Post a Comment